Garden Landscaping in CambridgeCambridge Landscaping re-landscaped this client’s garden in Bourn. The existing garden consisted of little more than a large, worn-out lawn that the client was getting tired of having to maintain.
We took up a large section of the lawn and put down tree bark mulch with a gravel path that connected two parts of the garden. We constructed a large timber pergola that lead to a large Sandstone paved area which looked over the beautiful views from the bottom of the garden.
The gravel path lead from the Sandstone paved area at the bottom of the garden up to the house where Cambridge Landscaping built a large raised section that met the several raised backdoors. This raised section was paved in beautiful Brazilian slate. We also constructed an attractive timber balustrade and handrail that lead down the steps off the raised area.
– Excavated area using digger
– Altered levels allowing for run off
– Laid a 75mm compacted limestone base
– Laid Sandstone paving on a 25-40mm continuous mortar mix
– SBR and cement binder slurry was used for non-porous paving
– Excavated the area to a depth of 150mm and removed all waste from site
– Edging was installed with concrete haunching to eliminate sideways movement
– The base was be compacted and a geotextile membrane installed to suppress further weed growth
– 75mm of MOT Type 1 was put down and compacted in layers making up the structural layer of the path
– Gravel was put down
Raised Blockwork & Slate Area
– Blockwork constructed on concrete foundation minimum 1/3 wall height
– Excavated trench using excavator
– Poured concrete foundations using C35 strength concrete
– Built blockwork walls using a sand and cement mortar mix
– Brazilian slate slabs laid and pointed
Contact us now
Contact us Now
26a Mill Road, CB1 2AD, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire